Business Development ManagerWant to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference for women's health?
Women's Health direct-to-consumer startup Miracare.com is looking for a Business Development Manager.
Mira is a fast-growing point of care health platform startup in the San Francisco Bay Area. At Mira, we innovate and commercialize mobile health diagnostic platform for women’s health. Mira is full of smart, driven people who care a lot more about getting things done and making a difference. We truly believe in our mission of improving the life quality of families and put our value into daily practice. We look for individuals who are passionate, self-driven, embracing challenges, and making an impact.
Our website: www.miracare.com
Our social media:
We started Mira because we want to help women with their fertility journey, empower them with the best technology and information, and help them to reach their fertility goals.
Many women face fertility challenges when they try to start a family. The younger generations now have much more delayed maternal age than their parents. The lack of awareness and information about our own fertility levels gives women tons of guesswork during their trying-to-conceive (TTC) journey. In the US, 40%+ TTC couples took longer than three months to conceive.
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Business Development Manager to help us build partnerships and revenue growth within the health and wellness space across the globe (telehealth services, corporate benefits, fertility clinics). This individual would be responsible for creating a pipeline, closing deals, and revenue targets. The ideal candidate has experience of strategical market research, building out a customer base and has experience working for a startup. As the Business Development Manager, you would help grow Mira Fertility by building partnerships with key players and influencers within the health and wellness space. The ideal candidate is results-driven, ambitious, and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
This position is part-time and remote (4 hours per day) with possible transition into full-time.
- Conduct market research for identifying potential partnership opportunities, creating a strategy to build out a qualified pipeline for long term prospects and new potential partners within other relevant verticals
- Effectively outreach and nurture leads
- Represent Mira Fertility when engaging with strategic partners and educate KOL on Mira features and capabilities as a subject matter expert on the product
- Builds marketing position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships with healthcare service providers, influencers in digital health industry
- Maintains communication with current business partners
- Identifies trendsetting ideas by researching industry, related events, publications, and announcements
- Explores new business directions by brainstorming and strategizing
- Screens potential business opportunities, conducting negotiations and communications with potential partners
- Manages projects, controls the delivery of relevant project reports
- Provides insight and suggests improvements
- Collaborates with other departments/managers to maximize efficiency, create a smooth work environment, and meet deadlines.
- Examines the risks and potential outcomes for a business opportunity
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results.
- A passion for developing new business, and proof of experience breaking ground into new customer bases
- Proven track record of success prospecting, qualifying and closing on key business leads and targets within the health and wellness industry
- Ability to collaborate with key teams at Mira Fertility including Logistic, Customer Success, Marketing and Product
- Experience in working with sales CRM
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills; high degree of emotional intelligence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deliver clear, concise information to partners, clients and team, ability to multitask
- Comfortable with structuring quantitative analysis to develop data driven decisions to grow partnerships, identify new areas of opportunity and demonstrate the business impact of our partnerships to internal and external stakeholders
- Creative and innovative thinking, with strong self-discipline and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders, such as Product and Operations, and collaborate across remote, centralized, and international teams
- Passion to work in the emerging virtual healthcare industry
- Start-up attitude is a must: quick execution, self-drive and willingness to go extra mile
- Being available for calls and meetings in CAT time zone
- Experience in business development is strongly preferred
- Experience or knowledge in women’s health
- Experience managing projects and strategic initiatives
- Experience managing customer relationships
- Experience developing content for external and internal meetings
- Experience working under deadlines and producing key deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong spoken and written English education (business)