Public Relations Manager
Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup AND make a difference for women's health
Women's Health direct-to-consumer startup Miracare.com is looking for a Public Relations Manager.
Mira is a fast-growing point of care health platform startup in the San Francisco Bay Area. At Mira, we innovate and commercialize mobile health diagnostic platform for women’s health. Mira is full of smart, driven people who care a lot more about getting things done and making a difference. We truly believe in our mission of improving the life quality of families and put our value into daily practice. We look for individuals who are passionate, self-driven, embracing challenges, and making an impact.
Our website: www.miracare.com
Our social media:
We started Mira because we want to help women with their fertility journey, empower them with the best technology and information, and help them to reach their fertility goals.
Many women face fertility challenges when they try to start a family. The younger generations now have much more delayed maternal age than their parents. The lack of awareness and information about our own fertility levels gives women tons of guesswork during their trying-to-conceive (TTC) journey. In the US, 40%+ TTC couples took longer than three months to conceive.
- Analyze media landscape and identify relevant pitch angles
- Develop PR strategy
- Build a list of relevant journalists and freelance authors
- Leverage personal connection and network in the media industry to ensure coverage opportunity
- Conduct outreach, maintain relationships
- Plan, implement and manage public relations programs
- Design and review the online content in media announcements and media kits
- Monitor corporate image frequently and ensure it is in compliance with company brand
- Determine KPIs for PR
- Measure and provide reports on each PR campaign
- Build long-term relationships with all relevant stakeholders, such as thought leaders, media people, communities, etc.
- This position is part-time and remote.
Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as Public Relations Specialist for a consumer brand (wellness and healthcare preferable)
- BSc/BA in PR, communications, journalism or similar relevant field
- A proven track record of successful PR campaigns
- Connections with the media industry, network of journalists, editors, contributors
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to management