Hi, we are Mira Fertility. Our superstar product, the Mira Analyzer, is the #1 fertility tracker on the market, designed by scientists to help couples and individuals conceive. We started our company to help women and individuals reach their parenthood dreams and make their fertility journey smoother. At Mira, we empower people with the best technology, information, and science to help people reach their fertility goals.
We are actively working with scientists and experts to reach more people—especially because we women and individuals face fertility challenges when they want to start their conception journey. The lack of awareness and information about fertility brings a lot of unnecessary guesswork and stress to those trying to conceive.
We are committed to helping our customers achieve the highest possible success rates and outcomes; that is why our focus is on personalized care, the use of the most cutting-edge technology, and science-backed data.
About the position
We are looking for Engineering Tech Lead who will be responsible for driving the technical direction of our ecommerce platform projects including comprehensive testing. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring an exceptional user experience, implementing innovative features, and optimizing performance to maximize conversion rates and revenue generation. You will be responsible for managing various components of our e-commerce platform, 3rd party integrations, website configuration, and testing. This is a hands-on technical role.
If want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup and make a difference for women’s health please join us!
- Technical Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of 3 web developers, providing regular assessment, technical guidance, best practices, and fostering a collaborative and innovative environment. Set coding standards, conduct code reviews, and ensure the team adheres to industry-leading practices.
- Testing and Optimization: Ensure the adherence to established design control processes and documentation standards throughout the testing phase. This includes execution of tests and validation procedures, guaranteeing the alignment of outcomes with project requirements.
- Architecture and Scalability: Architect and optimize the front-end architecture to ensure efficient rendering, fast load times, and seamless user experiences. Identify opportunities for performance improvements and implement scalable solutions that can handle high traffic and large data sets.
- Roadmap management and prioritization, distributes and orchestrates work among team members, assists and coaches other team members
- Third-Party Integrations: Oversee third-party tools integration, APIs, and payment gateways to enhance the functionality and capabilities of our platforms. Ensure smooth data flow and seamless integration with external systems. Help to source and evaluate partners if needed.
- Process development and optimization (including documentation)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ year of experience in software development, with a focus on building scalable web applications and services
- Proven experience as a Lead Developer or a similar role. Experience managing and building a team
- Strong proficiency in Shopify and WordPress
- Experience with modern web development tools, such as webpack, Babel, and npm/yarn.
- Familiarity with GraphQL and API integrations.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and general code quality standards.
- Proficiency in version control systems, particularly Git
- Experience with e-commerce platforms and frameworks
- Excited about taking a lead role and also wanting to get hands-on coding
- Move fast with a strong bias for action
The role is a remote position, with a 20-hour workweek, flexible working hours and occasional overlap with the US team if you are based in EU.
What we offer
- You will work with a dedicated, highly-engaged, international team of professionals who are passionate about helping couples and individuals start their families
- We have a fast paced and collaborative work environment where we encourage open communication, ownership and independence
- In addition to competitive salary we offer performance-based bonus system based on OKR
- We provide professional development opportunities – training courses, workshops and seminars
Step 1 ‘Screening call with HR’ – Step 2 ‘Interview with team (CMO, Product Manager)’ – Step 3 ‘Assessment task/Tech interview’ – Step 4 ‘Final interview with CEO and CTO’