Effective date: July 3, 2018
• How Mira collects personal information
• How Mira uses “cookies” and related information collected automatically when you use our Website or App
• How Mira uses personal information
• What personal information, if any, Mira may share about you
• Security measures that Mira employs to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure
• Other things you should know about privacy and Mira
Mira collects and uses the information you provide to us when you use the Mira Service. Information that Mira may collect includes: name, date of birth, e-mail address, phone numbers, fertility-related data, and other family planning and health-related information you provide. You may consider some of this information sensitive, so you should choose carefully whether and if you will use the Service.
We may use or share your Personal Information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, email address, and location) where it is necessary to complete a transaction or do something you have asked us to do.
How Mira collects and uses information from you:
• Website, Web App, or App Usage. Mira (or its vendors and suppliers) may observe your activities, preferences, transactional data (such as your IP address and browser type), and content you have viewed during your use of the Service. We may use this data for any purpose unless we tell you otherwise in connection with a particular Service. While we may collect or log this information, we do not identify you or match this non-Personal Information with your other Personal Information.
• Development of the Mira Service; Scientific Research. In our mission to better understand fertility cycles and help women make powerful and informed choices around their fertility, Mira will use your fertility data anonymously in our research to better understand human fertility and improve our products and services. We may also share anonymous Personal Information with third-party researchers. Personal Information we share with a third party will be anonymous and not associated with your name or any identifying information provided by Mira.
• Promotions and Contests. You may be asked to provide Personal Information for entry into a particular promotion or contest so that we can let you know if you won a prize. The rules and regulations governing the particular promotion or contest will vary, and your participation constitutes your agreement to abide by those rules and regulations.
• Marketing. When you provide Mira with Personal Information, we may communicate with you using the information you have given us to provide you with information we think may be of interest to you, including marketing and promotional messages. We will allow you to opt-out of receiving further similar communications for special offers and promotions.
Cookies are small lines of text/data written onto your computer by a website. The Service may involve using cookies or other similar technologies to collect and store non-Personal Information. We utilize these technologies to research and understand how the Service is used, develop and improve the Service, personalize your online experience, and for advertising and other marketing purposes.
When you exit the Service, session cookies used by Mira are removed. In some instances, cookies may persist so we can recognize you without requiring log-in at each visit. These persistent cookies may remain on your computer or mobile device until you remove them. Disabling or removing cookies may require you to manually log on each time you wish to use the Service.
Types of Cookies:
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function correctly. These cookies ensure the basic functionalities and security features of the website anonymously.
Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the website’s content on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the website’s key performance indexes, which helps deliver a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics: the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
In addition to the circumstances noted above, Mira may also share your Personal Information with third parties in the following situations:
• Enabling Services. Mira contracts with other companies to enable the provision of the Service. For example, web-based services require web hosting; thus, Mira may contract with web hosting service providers.
• Public Areas. The Service may include forums for communicating with others; such forums are public areas. Any information disclosed in such public areas of the Service or on any other website (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) will become public information. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas, especially your health-related and other sensitive information. Content posted in public areas of the Service, including advice and opinions, represents only the views and input of the poster. Any information you submit through such features is not confidential, and we may use it for any purpose (including testimonials or other marketing materials). Mira does not necessarily endorse, support, verify, or agree with such content. If you have any questions or comments about any content on the Service, please send us an email at: [email protected]
• Business Changes. If Mira should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if Mira should decide to buy, sell, or reorganize some part or all of its business, Mira may be required to disclose your Personal Information to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
• We may share some of your Personal Data in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes to the extent permitted and as restricted by law. However, Mira will challenge unlawful subpoenas for user information in court and stand up for our Users whenever necessary. Mira will also promptly notify Users who are subject to a request for data. If a User is subject to a request for data, we will send them instructions on how to delete their data on the app. Once the user deletes their data after this notification, Mira will wipe their data from our servers automatically. The User’s data will be completely erased. This action is completely up to the user, and we have no control over the User’s data or decision.
You may request access to, correction of, or deletion of your Personal Information. For instructions on changing any of your privacy preferences, accessing your information, updating your information, or any privacy or data-protection-related question, please write to [email protected] for assistance.
Data Transmission. No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, Mira cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. You use the Service at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of such firewalls and secure server software in the event of a security breach. If Mira learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Service or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service. Also, Mira may post a notice on the Website or the App if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser or mobile device enabling you to view the Service. Mira may also email you at the email address you provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), you must notify us at [email protected].
• Children. Mira Services are not directed at children. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older. Suppose a person under 13 submits information through the Website or the App and we learn the person submitting the information is a child. In that case, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 13, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties.
Quanovate Tech Inc. 2010
Crow Canyon Place Suite 100,
San Ramon, CA
Please wait while you are redirected to the right page...