Get Pregnant Fast Naturally: 6 Easy Tips To Boost Fertility
If you’re eager to start a family, the average conception time of six to twelve months seems very long. The good news is that you may be able to pregnant fast naturally. It may also be easier than you’ve imagined.
In this post, you’ll find six easy tips to boost fertility. These simple lifestyle and health changes all have proven benefits. Instead of waiting for ages or trying out fads, follow these helpful steps and increase your chances of getting pregnant.
1. Stop Hormonal Birth Control ASAP
When you’re trying to boost fertility, it’s crucial to stop using hormonal birth control. Hormonal contraceptives can delay how quickly you get pregnant. These time frames for ovulation and conception are common:
- birth control pills (progestin/estrogen combo) – can get pregnant within 1-3 months
- mini pills (progestin-only) – can get pregnant within days or weeks
- IUDs and implants – begin ovulating within one month
- birth control patch and vaginal ring – begin ovulating within 1-3 months of removal
- injectable birth control – up to 10 months before ovulating again
If you have questions about quitting your birth control, make sure to speak to your doctor or pharmacist. You can specific medical details about when you’re most likely to ovulate again.
2. Quit Any Unhealthy Habits
You likely know that general health and pregnancy correlate. This is certainly true, but getting as healthy as possible can boost fertility, too.
Harvard Health Publishing and other medical sources state that many bad habits interfere with ovulation. Some examples of these habits include:
- Stop any drug use.
- Stop smoking cigarettes.
- Stop alcohol consumption.
- Improve dental hygiene to reduce the risk of premature birth.
- Reduce or quit caffeine.
- Relax more to reduce stress-related hormones.
3. Take Essential Vitamins And Supplements
The correct vitamins are necessary while pregnant, but starting them now is equally important. Many women start taking supplements several months before conception.
If you want to build a healthier foundation for pregnancy, you’ll need the right vitamins. Begin taking these vitamins and supplements for getting pregnant:
- folic acid
- vitamin B6
- vitamin E
- vitamin D
- coenzyme Q10
You may want to start taking a daily prenatal vitamin. You can start taking them when you’re trying to conceive, but use caution when reading labels. Prenatals contain many of the vitamins and minerals above and lack some of them, too.
4. Track Your Cycle For Ideal Timing
Knowing when you ovulate is a must to get pregnant fast naturally. There are usually five to six days per cycle called your fertile window. These are the only days you can get pregnant, and only two of them are peak fertility days.
There are many methods women use to track ovulation cycles. Some well-known options are:
- basal body temperature (BBT) method
- cervical mucus method
- ovulation calendars/calculators
- ovulation predictor kits
If you prefer natural methods, it may be a good idea to combine two or more. Natural tracking methods must be used for several cycles. Long-term monitoring may not be ideal for quick conception.
Ovulation calendars and calculators are popular, too. They use a formula based on a 28-day menstrual cycle. Women have highly unique cycles, so ovulation calculators are often inaccurate.
Ovulation test kits (OPKs) are usually considered the most reliable choice. When you ovulate, you experience a surge in luteinizing hormone. These tests detect an LH surge through urine samples.
Drugstore OPKs can often give false results. They require a minimum amount of LH in your urine to produce a positive result. Every woman produces different amounts of LH during surges, so these tests easily produce false negatives.
An advanced ovulation test kit like Mira’s fertility kit offers more accuracy. You can test your LH levels daily, and you know the exact amount you produce. The kit syncs with an app to chart your hormone levels, so you’ll know precisely when your LH surge happens.
No matter what method you use, make sure to follow standard guidelines or test instructions. This will help you get the most accurate results.
Having a hard time tracking cycles? Mira takes the guesswork out by measuring your actual fertility hormone concentrations! Sign up today for exclusive Mira content and discounts!
Sign up Now
5. Eat A Healthy Balanced Diet
A healthy and balanced diet is essential for getting pregnant fast naturally. You want to maintain a normal BMI and get nutrients outside of vitamins and supplements.
You don’t have to follow a strict diet, but you can make simple improvements. These tips are proven effective for boosting fertility:
- Reduce carbohydrates.
- Reduce or eliminate refined carbohydrates.
- Reduce or eliminate trans fats.
- Eat a nutritious and filling breakfast.
- Increase fiber consumption.
- Choose vegetable sources for protein.
- Switch to high-fat dairy products.
- Avoid eating unfermented soy.
To get you started, below are some examples of foods that you can try. These contain essential nutrients and are easy to incorporate into your diet.
- probiotics – kefir, yogurt, miso, cottage cheese, kombucha, etc.
- leafy green vegetables – kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, collard greens, etc.
- fiber – broccoli, pears, apples, avocado, berries, peas, oatmeal, etc.
- high-fat dairy – whole fat milk, whole fat yogurt, etc.
- vegetable proteins – beans, nuts, chia seeds, almonds, eggs, chickpeas, etc.
You should also remember that strict dieting may be harmful versus helpful. Crash diets and strict regimens may cause too much weight loss or reduce nutrient intake.
6. Exercise More (But Not Too Much!)
Moderate exercise is an important part of improving health and fertility. Anything from walking briskly to aerobic routines is beneficial. When you exercise regularly, you may boost fertility.
- Working out can reduce stress and anxiety, and these issues can disrupt ovulation.
- Being overweight can cause irregular cycles, and exercise can help you lose excess weight.
- Studies show that exercise can help women with PCOS improve fertility.
You should know that excessive and vigorous workouts can be harmful. Intense physical activity puts stress and strain on your body. This makes it more difficult to conceive.
If you follow a high-impact workout routine, consider more moderate options. You may adjust the frequency of your favorite high-impact exercise, too.
Should You See A Doctor To Get Pregnant Fast?
These tips on how to get pregnant fast naturally help many women. If you have trouble conceiving, you may need to see your doctor. Fertility specialist Dr. Wendy Vitek suggests these standards:
- For women under 35, try to conceive for 12 cycles before seeing your doctor.
- For women over 35, try to conceive for six cycles before seeing your doctor.
You should also see your doctor if you have specific concerns. Our recent post about irregular cycles includes some potential issues to address. Your doctor may do the following:
- Ask questions to see if you have irregular or regular cycles.
- Order a sperm count test to test your partner’s sperm quality.
- Order lab tests to check your hormone levels.
- Refer you to a reproductive specialist.
With medical help, your chances of conceiving can improve. If you’ve been trying for a few cycles, try sticking to our easy tips to boost fertility naturally. With a little patience and effort, these changes can lead to a healthy pregnancy.